A sampling of articles on word choice
- First Impressions: The Right Word for the Right Idea
- Get Out of My Way: The Awkward Things we do to Avoid Certain Words
- Simple Things Can Do A Lot: Choosing the Right Word
- Are You Choosing the Best Words to Describe Your Setting?
- Poetic Tricks: Infuse Your Fiction with the Right VERBS
- The Eyes Have it: Are You "Over Looking" Things in Your Manuscript?
- You'll Have to Go Through Me: Eliminating Filter Words
- Seems So: Are Your Characters Making Misleading Assumptions?
- Do or Do Not. There is No Try: Clarifying What Your Characters Do
- I Had to Do This: Clarifying Ambiguous Pronouns
- Laying it on the Lie: Commonly Misused Words
- You Can Say That Again: Repeating Yourself
- That Sounds Familiar: Eliminating Often-Used Words
- Tightening Your Novel With a Preposition Patrol
- Overcoming Adversity Through Adverbs
See all articles on word choice