A sampling of articles on description
- Is Your Description Helping Your Story or Holding it Back?
- And Coming up on the Left, Stuff: Writing Description
- Let's Talk About Adjectives
- Write What You Don't Know: POV and Description
- How Much Do You Need to Describe Your Characters?
- Are You Choosing the Best Words to Describe Your Setting?
- The Literary Tour Guide: How Much do you Need to Describe Your Setting?
- An Age-Old Question: How Do You Show a Character's Age?
- You're So Emotional: Describing Emotions
- Do You Think He Likes Me? Conveying Emotions
- How to Craft a Love Scene
- Appeal to the Senses—and Emotions
- Enhancing Your Descriptions
- Did You Hear That? Showing Sound
- Zip! Crash! Bang! Using Onomatopoeia
See all articles on description