Tuesday, July 13
Light My (Blue) Fire Contest
I know I was a little slow in this, but it's time for the Blue Fire ARC contest! The first of three shiny new copies of the next book in The Healing Wars trilogy is up for grabs! There are a few extra ways to earn points (and entries) this time around.
The rules are simple:
1. Just post a comment in the comments section. If you don't know what to say, tell me your favorite animal. Earn one point.
2. Link to this post about the contest. Earn one point.
3. Blog about the book. Earn one point. (blogging about it and linking to the contest gets you two points) You can also talk about The Shifter for this point, as long as you mention the next book as well. For example, a Shifter review or blurb or whatnot.
4. Mention the Kickstarter program to help out my friend, Dario Ciriello and his Panverse Publishing project (more on that tomorrow). Earn one point.
5. Mention Eight Against Reality and link to the site. Earn one point.
6. You get one entry for every point. I'll draw names next Friday, July 23rd and announce the winner that day.
7. Anyone can enter.
EDIT: If you recently blogged about Eight Against Reality for the last contest, I'll count that toward this contest. Just give me the link again in your comment. And commenting at all counts, even if you don't give a favorite animal, so no worries there.
And that's it!
One interesting thing, if you've ever been curious how much editing can be (and sometimes is) done after an ARC goes out, this is the book for you. We didn't fiddle with the story any, but the disclaimer "uncorrected proof" on the cover isn't kidding. I went through several more rounds of polishing since this ARC was printed. The text is a lot tighter in the final version. Could be fun to see the before and after from an editing study perspective.
Good luck, all!
The contest starts NOW!