Monday, September 6
The Final Blue Fire ARC Contest
The final contest is here! This is going to be a short one so the winner can get their copy before the actual book comes out on October 5. Doing another simple this time, so no thought required.
The rules are simple:
1. Just post a comment in the comments section. If you don't know what to say, tell me your favorite cheesy movie. Earn one point.
2. Link to this post about the contest. Earn one point.
3. Blog about the book. Earn one point. (Copy and past the below blurb, photo and links, and earn an extra point on top of just mentioning it)
4. Be or are a follower of this blog. Earn one point.
5. Be or friend me on Facebook. Earn one point.
6. You get one entry for every point. I'll draw names next Monday, October 13 and announce the winner that day.
7. Anyone can enter, except those who won last time.
Commenting at all counts, even if you don't give a favorite cheesy movie, so no worries there.
And that's it!
One interesting thing, if you've ever been curious how much editing can be (and sometimes is) done after an ARC goes out, this is the book for you. We didn't fiddle with the story any, but the disclaimer "uncorrected proof" on the cover isn't kidding. I went through several more rounds of polishing since this ARC was printed. The text is a lot tighter in the final version. Could be fun to see the before and after from an editing study perspective.
Good luck, all!
The contest starts NOW!
Post this for the extra point:
Part fugitive, part hero, fifteen-year-old Nya is barely staying ahead of the Duke of Baseer’s trackers. Wanted for a crime she didn’t mean to commit, she risks capture to protect every Taker she can find, determined to prevent the Duke from using them in his fiendish experiments. But resolve isn’t enough to protect any of them, and Nya soon realizes that the only way to keep them all out of the Duke’s clutches is to flee Geveg. Unfortunately, the Duke’s best tracker has other ideas.
Nya finds herself trapped in the last place she ever wanted to be, forced to trust the last people she ever thought she could. More is at stake than just the people of Geveg, and the closer she gets to uncovering the Duke’s plan, the more she discovers how critical she is to his victory. To save Geveg, she just might have to save Baseer—if she doesn’t destroy it first.
Buy it online at: Barnes & Noble Amazon Or These Fine Retailers