online auction to benefit diabetes research. Folks donated all kinds of great things, and she raised over $300,000 last year. That's some pretty amazing stuff for a good cause.
From May 1 -31, you can bid on this year's batch of goodies. I donated an autographed copy of both the hardcover THE SHIFTER and BLUE FIRE, and a critique of the first chapter of a novel (any genre), and you can find my auction here if you'd like to bid on it.
If you already have the books and don't need a critique right now, there are four pages of other good things worth bidding on. Here's a quick rundown on some of them:
· Lunch with Sue Grimshaw of Borders
· One Night Stay at NYTimes Bestselling Author Nora Roberts' Inn
· $500 Worth of Graphic Design Work from Ninth Moon
· Haircut and Color (a $400 value!) by Celebrity Hairstylist Alyn Topper (in NYC)
· AuthorBuzz and Book Clubbing Package from MJ Rose (valued at $1650!)
· Digital Marketing/Social Media Consultation from Kevin Kaiser of Creative Trust Management (a $3000 value!)
· Media Maven Pierce Mattie's Little Black Book of Promotion
· A Styling Consultation/Makeover with Bertrand Pellegrin
· The Big Easy: 6th Writers for New Orleans Conference from NYTimes Bestselling Author Heather Graham
· A Writer's Perfect Getaway (for up to 6) at NYTimes Bestselling Author Cherry Adair's Guest House
· 3 Night Stay in NYTimes Bestselling Author Susan Wiggs' Guest House
· Fabulous Stays in Hawaii, Lake Tahoe, and Mexico
· Jessica Faust's Agent For a Day Package
· A Day at Kensington Books
· Critique by GMC's own Deb Dixon
· Lots of Electronics...Kindles, Nooks, and even an iPad
· Lunches with Bestselling Authors Suzanne Brockmann, Diana Gabaldon, Karen Rose, Carla Neggers, Steve Barry and more!
The auction is the perfect place to snap up packages for a fraction of their usual cost. To register on the auction, simply visit www.brendanovak.auctionanything.com.