What does your character look like? What makes your world tick? How do you describe it without the reader feeling like it's page after page of skippable text?
This section on description covers everything from setting, to world building, to character descriptions to infodumping, plus the all-critical show don't tell. It also helps you understand why context matters, and how to use the right details to describe your scenes.
- Using Setting to Help Build Your World
- Maintaining Your Setting
- Using Setting to up the Tension
- Point of View and Setting
Show vs Tell
- What is Show vs Tell?
- Words That Often Tell, Not Show
- More Red Flag Telling Words
- How POV Can Solve Telling Problems
- What a Wonderful World
- Mixing Fantasy and Re-World Elements
- World Building and Context
- Researching Your World
- World Building Week